Update on Diam 24 od development
The Diam 24od through figures
- 7 years, first tackings for two prototypes in 2013,
- 100 boats manufactured
- The Diam 24od navigates on 5 continents : 50 in France, 50 in 10 other countries.
- International class monotype, acknowledged by World Sailing, 2 national classes (France and Great Britain), in the making: New Zealand, Switzerland, Italiy, Spain
The Diam 24od in a few words
- Technically and financially accessible
- Robust and one design : cheap maintenance
- Sound and seafaring, does not heel over and gives unforgettable sensations in a secure manner : ideal for the discovery and sharing of gliding pleasures and speed at sea.
- Very formative for high level sailing : demanding and complete boat, requires hours of training to make the most of it, specially on technical races of the Tour voile.
- Ultra-dismountable, easy manipulation and storing (specially when done via Easy Regata)
- A conceptuel environment : modern class rules, accessories to facilitate practice, a race programme…
In a nutshell, the Diam 24od is a boat for everyone
- Beginners or racers keen about perfection in sailing schools
- amateurs of solo navigation, with the family for a day trip
- Regatta sailors and owners
- High level sport professionals, skill-in-the-making racers framed by the FFV
- Corporate practice
Sustainable racing, mature
The Diam 24od is a robust boat, simple, one-design, reparable , with multiple uses.
Its circuit and its use have been pondered to mutualise the transport on sites.
Its engine is electric.